Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Coupon Binder

I have had many people ask me how do you organize all your coupons?

I use the binder method. When I first started using coupons I had the file system but quickly outgrew it so I went to the binder method.

I spent about $15 considering I brought the baseball card inserts and the dividers. I used a leftover binder from college for my first binder. Here are the pics!

Most people prefer a zippered binder but at the time I really did not want to pay out of pocket for a zippered binder so I used what I had. 
 I brought 2 boxes of the 9pocket Baseball Card Inserts and brought 2 thing of dividers for my binder.
I then listed my coupons by category. This is pretty much to each their own. You have to figure out which way works best for you. I will share my categories with you and if you like that way, feel free to use them as I have!

1.Misc- I use this for my husband's Copenhagen Coupons & for candy.
2.Frozen Foods
3.Refrigerated Foods
4.Canned Goods
5.Pasta
6.Breakfast Items- I normally put cereal,oatmeal stuff like that in that category.
7.Condiments
8.Snacks/Drinks
9.Laundry
10.Cleaning Supplies
Then I have a page in between each baseball card insert telling me which kind of coupons I'm about to see.
So under Cleaning Supplies I have:
Regular Cleaning Supplies
Air Fresheners
Dish Washing Supplies
Paper Towels & Toilet Paper
Storage Bags and Trash Bags
11.Health & Beauty Aid
Like Cleaning Supplies I have it divided out as well.
Body Wash & Soap
Lotion
Facial Care
Deodorant
Shaving Supplies
Oral Care
Hair Dye
Hair Care
Makeup
Pads,Tampons, & other personal Care Items
12.Medicine
13.Baby
14. Target
15. CVS
16. Walgreens
17. Other stores & Restaurants 

Like I said earlier it all depends on you and how you want to organize your coupons. Since I have taken these pictures of my binder I have since had to break down and by a new one because the old one broke. It is still laying on the table waiting for me to put it back together but when I do, I will post newer pictures!

No comments: