Friday, March 18, 2011

Expired Coupons

I was going through my binder and notice some coupons were about to expire come tomorrow. I don't need them and I won't use them. I used to throw my coupons away that were expired but have recently found out you can send them to families overseas at the Military Bases. So if you did not know now you do :)

I have found this address to send them to.

American Legion Auxilary Unit 450

440 Victor Stier Dr.

Milford, OH 45150

I have started a stack and have them neatly put away. I am going to send off expired coupons on the 1st of every other month. They ask that the coupons be divided up grocery/ non grocery ( in seperate packages).

I just counted 9 coupons that were about to expire with a total of  $8.25 in value. Normally it would bug me to no end to throw them away because I felt like I was throwing money away, now its not bothering me as much because at least I know I am helping someone by giving to someone that can use them so they are no use to me anymore.

No comments: